Level 3 Advanced NVQ Diploma Apprenticeship in Supporting The Delivery of P.E. and School Sport
Gedling Sports Partnership are working with partner schools we are seeking to appoint a number of full-time enthusiastic, self-motivated and intuitive PE and School Sports Apprentices to work within a school setting and to support the delivery of high quality teaching and learning.
This position is for a one year contract with qualifications and training delivered alongside the role. The positions are aimed at 18/19 year olds and are based in Secondary/Primary Schools across the Nottinghamshire area.
The apprenticeship will lead to a qualification in a Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of P.E and School Sport.
Possible work tasks/responsibilities of a P.E and School Sport Apprentice:
- Apprentices have 1 day per week of training with Course Tutor and 4 days a week working in their school
- Support the delivery of P.E. and school sport
- Help select/train teams
- Run/assist with lunchtime/after school clubs
- Run Change 4 Life clubs or Energy Clubs
- Assist with competitions and School Games
- Mentor groups of more able/less able
- Assist with small group literacy/numeracy tasks if P.E. not timetabled
- Help with assessments and inputting of data
- Organise P.E. notice boards
- Take charge of P.E. store cupboard
- Ideally Maths and English at G.C.S.E Grade C or above (or Functional Skills Level 2, although this can be taught during the apprenticeship)
- A keen interest in sport
- Excellent levels of attendance and punctuality
- Ability to be adaptable and use initiative
If you would like to apply for an apprenticeship, please click here.